Saturday, June 16, 2018

These are a few of my favorite things...

After an especially special and super-packed month-long break, this was my first week back from CA, back to school! These are a few of my favorite things this week, things that inspired me, moved me, surprised me, or just made me feel joy and love.

Monday:
- Collapsing on top of my giant panda after a red-eye flight and my first day of neuroradiology
- The enthusiasm and joy of my friend, while trading stories of the past month

Tuesday:
- A neuroradiologist who, rather than leaving after their lunch hour work, stayed to teach us for almost two hours
- Discovering, while walking back to the reading room at 8:30pm to retrieve my forgotten laptop, that there were now beautiful fireflies dancing all along the path from my apartment to school

Wednesday: 
- Cooking a garlicky pea & mushroom curry (based on this awesome cooking blog)
- Catching up with my mentor after much travel on both our parts

Thursday: 
- Giving feedback and getting meta-feedback on my feedback
- My best friend's perseverance in the face of illness, frustration, and potatoes

Friday:
- Birds chirping a symphony in the trees outside
- A jovial and helpful CT tech who remembered me from last year and was just as happy to have us students around


No comments:

Post a Comment