Friday, April 20, 2012

A Is For Apple


What to start with? An apple, of course. Regardless of the fact that Eve's apple-eating threw mankind into sin and Eris' golden apple started a major war, apples are well-liked by most of the world. Babies eat applesauce, and apples are common and delicious (haha), so it's reasonable to start their English vocabulary with "A is for Apple." And that's besides the fact that, well, A is the first letter of the alphabet. Similarly, the apple is one of the first things novice artists typically learn to draw (or so has been my experience). So here is mine! :D

In case it isn't clear, I did not actually draw these very lines for the apple (for one, it's left and right half are perfectly symmetric, and I've never been that good at drawing). :P Instead, I drew a flame and warped it into a crescent. For the leaves, I actually drew a straight bay-like leaf and then warped it into the curves you can see above. I do feel like I'm cheating by drawing in this way, but hopefully I'll someday be able to draw something like this directly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment