Wednesday, February 1, 2012

FroYo: Never Too Cold

There are a few things that have been substantially harder to procure in college than back at home, especially various kinds of food. Perhaps this is mostly because I hesitate to spend much money outside of my meal plan, but fruits like berries, pomegranates, grapes, clementines, peaches, and mangoes have been very elusive.

The other main foodstuff (besides delicious homemade Indian food, of course) that is much rarer without a car is frozen yogurt. Back in California, I would go to Pinkberry and Yogurtland at least twice a month, if not more. The weather is completely irrelevant, although high summer leads to increased consumption; I don't care if it's freezing here, as long as it's not freezing where I'm eating. So many flavors, so many toppings, so much deliciousness! I actually tend to stick to "original" in terms of flavor, only because I love the combination of that simple tartness with tons of juicy and colorful fruits. :D

Fortunately, I found one place nearby (just one, really?) called Juniper last year, and this past summer a Froyoworld opened, but I have yet to try it. On the whole though, there is just not enough bang for the buck compared to the traditional haunts. The tart freshness is missing, the fruits less flavorful and plentiful (just as they are in general, really). As you can see in the picture, I still manage to get a decent array of yellow, red, and indigo. But really, I can't wait to come home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment