Monday, February 13, 2012

Meditative Thawing: Coming in from the Cold

It was sub-freezing all day today! Not a particularly new phenomenon, at this point, but still. SO COLD!!!! >.<
While practically my entire body is covered and my hands are in my pockets, my face and ears are somewhat exposed (and I refuse to wear one of those full face beanies).

So every time I come inside from the cold, I stand still, close my eyes, and focus on my face. At first it's rigid, just as it was outside, with a numb rubbery feeling when I touch it with my fingertips. First my mouth and jaw thaw out, followed by my eyes and then nose. My ears are farthest away, so the cold tingling sensation as they heat up lasts for almost a minute.

And thus I am rejuvenated! Revitalized! Reheated! So I continue off to wherever I was going, until I have to face the frigid winds again.

No comments:

Post a Comment